The type of personal information we collect:
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name and contact details);
- Email details;
- Mobile Numbers;
- Vat Numbers;
- Company Registration Numbers;
- Relevant Financial information pertaining to credit checks and credit terms.
- Market research related information which can be personal and/or special information (medical etc)
How we get the personal information and what we use it for:
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- Contractual obligations
- Deliver services to you
- Email Signatures
- Mobile and telephonic conversations
- To participate in market research on behalf of our clients
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- Credit Bureau of South Africa
We may share this information with:
- Credit Bureau
- Our clients for the purposes of market research
When will we process your personal information:
In terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA), the justification ground on which we base our processing consists out of the following:
- The data subject or a competent person where the data subject is a child consents to the processing. Kindly note that you have the right to withdraw your consent;
- The processing is necessary to carry out actions for the conclusion or performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party;
- The processing complies with an obligation imposed by law on the business;
- The processing protects a legitimate interest of the data subject;
- The processing is necessary for the proper performance of a public law duty by the business;
- The processing is necessary for pursuing the legitimate interests of the business or of a third party to whom the information is supplied.
How we store your personal information:
Your information is securely stored on the cloud and/or hard copy in a securely locked room.
We keep your information according to our data retention policy. We will then dispose of your information by shredding/deleting and destroying any records.
Your data protection rights:
- You are entitled to access your personal data by sending a written request to Michael Lockett. We may charge you a fee for this service.
- You may also request us to correct or supplement any of your personal data which we will undertake as soon as practicable.
- Request the destruction of your personal data. We will consider your request in light of any other laws or regulations prohibiting us from destroying your personal data.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
Name: Indigo Focus (Pty) Ltd
Address: 94 Church Street, Johannesburg North, 2188
Phone Number: +27 87 700 6998
How to complain:
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also complain to the Information Regulator if you are unhappy with how we have used your information.
Their contact details are as follows:
The Information Regulator (South Africa)
33 Hoofd Street
Forum III, 3rd Floor Braampark
P.O Box 31533
Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017
Complaints email: complaints.IR@justice.gov.za